If you’ve ever seen board and batten siding, you’ve likely been drawn to the unique style, wider boards, and 3D texture that can improve your home’s curb appeal. So, is board and batten siding a suitable and durable option for your Minnesota home?
At Elite Remodeling Services, we’re experts in installing and replacing board and batten siding in Minneapolis, MN, and the surrounding cities, including St. Paul, Farmington, Apple Valley, Eagan, Burnsville, and Lakeville. Below, we explore everything you need to know about this exterior siding material. If you decide board and batten siding is right for you, call Elite Remodeling Services at (952) 646-2480 to receive a project estimate from our team.
What Is Board and Batten Siding?
Board and batten siding is a popular type of interior or exterior siding that features wide vertical panels with raised joints between each, creating a 3D, geometric, layered effect, commonly found on modern farmhouses, country homes, and beach properties. The vertical siding, or boards, combined with the raised joints, or battens, offer endless style and sizing variations that allow you to fully customize the appearance of your home. Because of their prevalence in country homes, many refer to this siding style as barn siding.
Board and Batten Siding Benefits
Board and batten siding provides numerous benefits, aside from the unique appearance. If you choose this style for your home, you can enjoy the following advantages:
- Versatile appearance: You can install board and batten siding vertically, horizontally, in a grid, as wide as you want, in narrow columns, and in many different colors, offering endless style options. While the siding choice may traditionally work with farmhouses, it can also look great on beachside properties, modern homes, country villas, and more.
- Excellent durability: The interlocking design makes this siding material super durable in all climates and weather patterns. Board and batten siding has impressive water resistance that can prevent leaks, mold growth, and rot.
- Added insulation: The grooves and layers within this design add more insulation to the final result, which can help your home stand up to the extreme winter temperatures in Minnesota.
- Long lifespan: With the right installation and maintenance, board and batten siding offers a long lifespan.
- Increased property value: The highly sought after style can increase your property’s value by improving the curb appeal, making it a worthy investment.
Is Board and Batten Siding Suitable for the Minnesota Climate?
Yes, board and batten siding offers ideal durability for Minnesota’s wet, humid, and frigid climate. If you’re also considering options like wood or fiber cement siding, you won’t find a more durable and stylish option than board and batten siding.
Finding Expert Installers for Board and Batten Siding
The installation process for board and batten siding is quite complex and lengthy because of the interlocking panels and unique layering. For optimal results and longevity, you need to find experts with ample experience installing this type of material. At Elite Remodeling Services, we specialize in board and batten siding, so we can ensure that your final results will be of the highest quality.
Upgrade Your Home’s Appearance and Durability Today
Board and batten siding allows you to upgrade your home’s appearance while improving its durability, value, insulation, and more. At Elite Remodeling Services, we can help you select and design board and batten siding that elevates your home’s design, whether you own a country ranch, beachside villa, or anything else.
When you’re ready to replace your siding, choose the experts. Call Elite Remodeling Services in Minneapolis, MN, today at (952) 646-2480 to speak with our team about your new board and batten siding.