Rain gutters often go overlooked but are a vital part of any well-maintained roof. They protect your property by diverting rainwater away from it, which prevents water pooling or flooding and protects your landscaping from erosion. When your gutters are damaged or broken, serious problems can occur. If you need new gutters, contact Elite Remodeling Services today, call (952) 646-2480.
There are two main types of roof gutters:
- Seamed or Sectional Gutters
- Seamless Gutters
More people are now choosing to install seamless gutters for their exceptional benefits.
We’ll look now at how seamless gutters can protect your home and also offer you some valuable maintenance tips on roof gutter cleaning, to ensure that your gutters remain in prime condition.
Why do you need roof gutters?
Rain gutters collect rainwater that rolls off your roof and moves it into a connected drain, which safely drains the water away. This reduces the risk of flooding and property damage.
If you don’t have rain gutters, your property’s foundation can become unstable or water-logged. A wet foundation can lead to severe mold growth and ensuing adverse health consequences.
Gutters also stabilize the soil around your property, protecting your landscaping and turf from erosion.
The benefits of seamless gutters
Seamless gutters are expensive, but the long-term benefits outweigh the cost. They provide:
- Custom-built functionality: seamless gutters are custom-designed to fit your home’s roof dimensions and structure easing water flow and reducing the possibility of water leaks.
- Increased curb appeal: seamless gutters increase the value by their appealing design. You can paint them and choose from materials like aluminum, copper, and steel to suit your tastes.
- Leak and clog resistance: traditional sectional gutters are more susceptible to leaks than seamless gutters at the gutter sections. Seamless gutters only have joints at the corners, which prevents water and debris from passing through.
- Low-maintenance: these gutters don’t collect as much debris and water as seamed gutters, reducing the amount of time and effort spent on maintaining and cleaning them.
How to care for seamless roof gutters
Many homeowners fail to maintain their rain gutters, which can have a detrimental effect on their property’s condition. Several maintenance procedures can help to keep your gutters in mint condition.
You can choose to:
Install gutter guards
Gutter guards are small screen covers that prevent larger debris like leaves or sticks from settling into your gutter while allowing water to flow through. These guards are easy to install and maintain.
Perform regular roof gutter cleaning
Cleaning roof gutters regularly removes accumulated debris like dirt, leaves, grime, or animal waste. A small long-extension vacuum cleaner or garden trowel can get the job done by removing extra debris or water that can stress your gutter to the point of breaking.
Frequently inspect your roof gutters for damage
Look out for signs of damage to your gutters like cracks, holes, rust, warps, dents, or missing screws. These can cause water and debris to collect and remain, which can be expensive to put right later on.
Why Gutters Matter
Gutters, particularly seamless gutters, are a valuable investment to your home.
They protect your home against flooding and mold contamination and help to ensure that your property’s foundation remains stable. They also add curb appeal and are comparatively low maintenance, which adds to the overall value of your home.
If the roof of your Minnesota home has sustained severe damage due to broken or clogged gutters, call Elite Remodeling Services at (952) 646-2480 today. We are specialists in seamed and seamless gutter repair and replacement as well as general roofing solutions.